What's Under My Needle Today - January 26, 2019

This is another episode in the Big Foot series.  For this one, I minimized the amount of custom quilting to show that it can be done while still giving the same custom effect.  On this one, the edge to edge continues over the trees and trunks and only Big Foot is outlined and custom quilted.  To make this feasible, I went 1 or 2 shades darker (but still in the light gold family).  The darker thread makes the quilting stand out more on the background and less on the trees and trunks giving it a similar feeling of texture.  That light gold would have still been neon on Big Foot so I did not continue the edge to edge across him and gave him some hints of hair in brown.  We didn't want him densely quilted and stiff so I made sure the density was just a bit more (due to the smaller areas to fill) than the background.

Anything is possible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog